Summertime Fun in Miami
by Vacation Insider (8-30-2010)
From its breathtaking beaches in the east to the Everglades in the west, Miami has a dazzling variety of sites and attractions to see this summer. With a wide range of conveniently located Miami hotels, Marriott International, Inc., one of the world's leading lodging companies, is making it easier than ever to discover all this enchanting city has to offer.
Whether travelers are planning a family vacation or a romantic getaway, the city offers a virtually endless array of options for a little fun under the sun. Just a few of the places on the top of many visitors' lists include:
* Miami MetroZoo. This cageless, free-range zoo features animals from Asia, Australia and Africa. Although there are predators and prey from each of the continents represented, only those who live peacefully together in the wild are placed in exhibits together.
* Miami Seaquarium. Located on the beautiful causeway between downtown Miami and Miami Beach, the Miami Seaquarium features outdoor marine shows with dolphins, killer whales and other sea creatures. Conveniently close to many Miami hotels, it's a must-see for adults and kids alike.
* South Beach. The quintessential Miami hot spot, South Beach is known for being a trendy locale filled with upscale shops, restaurants and nightlife.
* Everglades. With 1.5 million acres of swamps, saw-grass prairies and sub-tropical jungles, Everglades National Park is one of the most unusual public parks in the United States.
* Miami Museum of Science. Expand your horizons at the Miami Museum of Science. Featuring kid-friendly exhibits and hand-on learning, this unique museum offers a whole day of fun for everyone.
* Parrot Jungle. This stunning destination offers visitors the chance to get an up-close look at tropical birds in replicas of their natural habitats.
* Vizcaya. No visit to Miami is complete without a stop at the historical 50-acre Vizcaya estate. This European-style mansion offers a glimpse at life in turn-of-the-century South Florida.
* Biscayne National Park. Just minutes from many Miami hotels, Biscayne National Park boasts a rare combination of aquamarine waters, emerald islands and fish-bejeweled coral reefs. Snorkeling, diving, boating, fishing, camping, picnicking and superb opportunities for wildlife watching are just a few of the many activities here.
* Beaches. Miami's wide, white beaches offer a great opportunity to get some exercise or just enjoy some time in the sun.
* Monkey Jungle Park. Wander the park's paths as primates scamper overhead, swing through trees and interact with each other in fascinating ways.
To get even more suggestions about the top attractions and hidden treasures near Marriott's Miami hotels, visit http://www.marriott.com/city/miami-hotels.
About the Author
With conveniently located Miami hotels, Marriott makes it easy to plan an enchanting summer vacation in the heart of the city. Find out which sites will make your next vacation one to remember.